Handbrake valve leaking

Antworten
einarkr
Handbrake valve leaking

Beitrag von einarkr » Fr 1. Mai 2020, 13:25

Hi all.
I have problem with the handbrake valve.
When I take the handbrake off it starts leaking air but when it is on no problem.
Is there some advices some one can give me :think:
Best regards Einar

manny

Re: Handbrake valve leaking

Beitrag von manny » Fr 1. Mai 2020, 22:23

Hi

there is an repair-kit awailable… You can contact Powerkat, but don't wonder, ther are a lot of parts in that small Valve :?
Wer später bremst ist länger schnell...

Mein Fuhrpark:
BMW 320D Touring E46 Bj 2003
KTM EXC 500 Six Days 2018
MAN KAT 7t Mil GLw 462
MAN KAT 5t Mil GLw (ex461)Kipper
MAN F2000 19.604FLT Bj 99

A N D R E A S

Beitrag von A N D R E A S » Fr 1. Mai 2020, 23:03

Marcel Kley told me mostly the trailer valve is out of order and not the hand brake lever because 95% of drivers dont handle a trailer with the Kat.
A N D R E A S

egn

Beitrag von egn » Sa 2. Mai 2020, 07:32

The handbrake valve has a lot of parts and the repair takes a long time.

As I did't want to spend my time with that, I once replaced the complete valve, which costs about 569 € net.
Gruß Emil

Zentralgestirn

Beitrag von Zentralgestirn » Sa 2. Mai 2020, 11:16

Hi,

there are more options thant the few hints from the guys before.

Does it make a pffff air leack typical sound? does it make more like schhhhhhh sound typical for air is flowing throu a tupe or does it make a higher frequent noise like older tabs from your sink sometimes does when not properly closed?

for Pfff, take soapy water und search for the leak at the valve first. Bubbles will indicate the air outlet.

for schhh sound take soapy water and check al tubes and hoses wich are involved for the parking brake from stern to aft including the actuating cylinders at the rear end plus valves behing the rear axle.

for high frequent noises use schhhh method :D it will probably the same root couse but with lower flow rates ;)

Reason for that is, the parking brake is spring operated. is the parking brake active, there is nor air pressure on the system. for release you pressureise the actuators and they will work against an internal spring and the parking brake is off.

So, good luck at your homework.

Sebastian

Antworten