Hallo!

alle Tips und Fragen, die bei der Neuanschaffung eines KAT anfallen

Moderator: D-Platoon

Antworten
Nashorn101

Hallo!

Beitrag von Nashorn101 » Mi 26. Apr 2017, 14:51

Ich spreche ein wenig Deutsch, und komme von Texas, Vereinigte Staaten!

Ich lerne Deutsch, aber ich muss Englisch sprechen - Ich werde versuchen, das Beste zu vermitteln, das ich kann!

I have wanted a Military Cargo truck for as long as I can remember, but here in the States, everyone habst Amerikanischer LKW, ich mochte ein Deutschen LKW!

Either a Unimog, a MAN 630, or a MAN KAT 1 A1.1 4x4.

Bild

Bild

Bild

But, to me it seems that buying a KAT 1 is the more logical LKW. Weil das ist Billiger und teils leichter verfügbar. Richtig?

Vielen Dank!

KAT I

Re: Hallo!

Beitrag von KAT I » Mi 26. Apr 2017, 15:25

Hi Nashorn,
an Unimog is for sure better available and cheaper than a KAT I in the US. But of course a KAT is the better truck (in an Unimog forum an Unimog might be the better truck). Is it possible to import a KAT to the US? That's the first issue you should solve :-)
Grüße
Mathias

Gummilager ausbauen ist wie eine Naturgeburt auf dem Aussteigerhof: Pressen, Heulen, Schreien, Bluten, Beten.

stahlma

Beitrag von stahlma » Mi 26. Apr 2017, 16:50

Hi,

as always in life, the key question is what you what to do with it. I personally couldn't solve the question, so I have both, an Unimog 404 camper and a KAT A1.1 camper. That might sound silly but when I bought the Kat I was really concerned about not being able to get to some of my favorite places anymore. And that is true, the KAT weighs a lot and although it is more maneuverable than I thought, there are just so many tracks I could do with the Unimog that are a no-go for the KAT. So let us learn a bit more about your plans…

Cheers

Martin

Nashorn101

Beitrag von Nashorn101 » Mi 26. Apr 2017, 18:38

KAT I hat geschrieben:Hi Nashorn,
an Unimog is for sure better available and cheaper than a KAT I in the US. But of course a KAT is the better truck (in an Unimog forum an Unimog might be the better truck). Is it possible to import a KAT to the US? That's the first issue you should solve :-)
Yes, Unimogs are much cheaper! But, I truly want something bigger than a Unimog. And I am willing to pay for importing a MAN 630 or KAT 1 into the States.
stahlma hat geschrieben:Hi,

as always in life, the key question is what you what to do with it. I personally couldn't solve the question, so I have both, an Unimog 404 camper and a KAT A1.1 camper. That might sound silly but when I bought the Kat I was really concerned about not being able to get to some of my favorite places anymore. And that is true, the KAT weighs a lot and although it is more maneuverable than I thought, there are just so many tracks I could do with the Unimog that are a no-go for the KAT. So let us learn a bit more about your plans…

Cheers

Martin
Well 2 trucks is a good way to solve the problem! Does not sound silly to me! :-)

Here in Texas, we use pickup trucks for everything (working on the house, towing trailers, camping); but I don't want a pickup truck, they are boring, I want das Deutschen LKW! A MAN KAT is $20,000 USD (richtig?), and a pickup truck here is $40,000 USD. I would rather have the MAN than a pickup truck for that price!

stahlma

Beitrag von stahlma » Mo 1. Mai 2017, 21:20

I mean if you are for the show, then nothing beats tha KAT ;-) You would not believe how many people you get in touch with, just because they like ther KAT

When it comes to cost, I would believe, especially if you import from Germany, that the cost difference is not so big. But this is only true for the purchase. When you want to find parts and service, the Unimog is much easier and also in the US, there is quite a scene. With the KAT finding someone who has the know-how is already difficult in Germany, MAN workshops are in general overchallenged with the KAT unless they have been doing work for the German army.

Also keep in mind that the Unimog is much more handy and goes a lot of tracks that the KAT cannot.

The 630 I would rule out, unless you only use it 5 days a year as a pure showcar and have a real talent for doing it yourself ;-)

Cheers

Martin

Nashorn101

Beitrag von Nashorn101 » Di 2. Mai 2017, 18:55

stahlma hat geschrieben:I mean if you are for the show, then nothing beats tha KAT ;-) You would not believe how many people you get in touch with, just because they like ther KAT

When it comes to cost, I would believe, especially if you import from Germany, that the cost difference is not so big. But this is only true for the purchase. When you want to find parts and service, the Unimog is much easier and also in the US, there is quite a scene. With the KAT finding someone who has the know-how is already difficult in Germany, MAN workshops are in general overchallenged with the KAT unless they have been doing work for the German army.

Also keep in mind that the Unimog is much more handy and goes a lot of tracks that the KAT cannot.

The 630 I would rule out, unless you only use it 5 days a year as a pure showcar and have a real talent for doing it yourself ;-)

Cheers

Martin
That's exactly the conclusion that i've come to. A KAT is just awesome. However, it's not really a logical truck to own in the US considering all of the factors that you just listed.

I think I am going to end up buying a Unimog 1300 Troop Carrier! Thank you for your help!

ALu
Administrator

Beitrag von ALu » Do 4. Mai 2017, 09:23

Zur Info: Nashorn101 hat sich für einen Unimog entschieden, und gebeten, als User gelöscht zu werden.
Gruß

Andreas

Namib

Beitrag von Namib » Do 4. Mai 2017, 10:14

Wenn das mal nicht ein NSA Spy war.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ingo von Boetticher
+27 79 921 1187
Südliches Afrika

ALu
Administrator

Beitrag von ALu » Do 4. Mai 2017, 13:27

Wenn die sich nun für Unimogs entschieden haben, habe ich da keinerlei Befürchtungen :mrgreen: :D :lol:
Gruß

Andreas

Hemges
Händler

Beitrag von Hemges » Fr 5. Mai 2017, 06:56

Wenigstens hat er sich versucht vorzustellen..... :doh:

Grüße Markus

Meine Pünktlichkeit drückt aus, daß mir deine Zeit so wertvoll ist wie meine eigene...

Antworten